Welcome to the Introduction to Copywriting online short course. By the end of the course, you will have the skills to write for advertising and be empowered to pursue a career in copywriting.
Subject Matter Expert
Mishqa Rossier is a qualified copywriter who graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Branding and Communications, specialising in copywriting from Vega, the brand communications school. After cutting her teeth in advertising agencies, she extended her copywriting skills to publishing, e-commerce, digital agency and corporate communications. She has a total of nine years of experience in the industry but would like to focus her skills in a digital environment in the near future. Mishqa currently works in corporate communications for an international healthcare group.
With the freedom that online education brings, CityVarsity Online students can upskill in their own time, from almost anywhere on earth. Well, anywhere where the internet is accessible, that is. But although our students may roam far and wide, they are never far out of our minds.
Each course is assigned its own Online Academic Tutor, who is ready and waiting to guide and assist their learners throughout their learning experience. The Online Academic Tutor, who is assigned to your course, is trained to build each student up to reach their fullest potential. Students can expect their Online Academic Tutor to answer questions, offer advice and provide further clarification on any academic aspects.
Course and Technical Requirements
In order to get the full benefit from this course, you require the following:
- Stable internet connection
- Firefox/Microsoft Edge/Chrome web browser (latest version)
- Adobe Acrobat, or similar PDF viewer
- Microsoft Word/Pages (ability to export documents as PDF files)
- Email/Cell phone for notifications and communication
- Ability to scan and upload documents
How You Will Learn
Our online short learning programmes are broken into self-paced manageable modules designed to be interactive and engaging:
- The programme is available to be viewed on smart devices and includes mobile, tablets and personal computers.
- Relevant case studies, articles and recommended reading are part of supplementary resources available.
- Apply and evaluate what you have learned in each module with the self-grading quizzes and assignment submissions
- View a range of Introductory course videos by your Subject Matter Expert.
- Scheduled live webinars are included with the Online Academic Tutor.
- Network, collaborate and interact with your fellow participants and Online Academic Tutor via the discussion forum.
Upon successful completion of your course, you will be awarded a CityVarsity Online certificate.